After far too long, the re-typeset print edition of the Book of Mormon reader’s edition is now available. You can download the PDF or purchase a perfect-bound paperback via Lulu.
There’s also a new spiral-bound wide margin edition. It’s basically the reparagraphed text of the reader’s edition in the wide margin style of the study edition.
(Note: the EPUB and Kindle editions are still at version 2.1 since nothing changed.)
The print edition of the D&C is combined with the Pearl of Great Price in a single volume.
I’ve taken the Word edition of the Book of Mormon and have uploaded it to Google Docs, where people can then copy it to their local Google Drive and use it as a study aid (highlighting, comments, etc.):
It also allows for some interesting collaborative scripture study possibilities.
The other volumes of scripture will be coming soon.
I recently realized that I never actually put any design effort into the scriptures in Word. Pretty lackluster:
So I’m now redesigning them. The Book of Mormon is done and released as version 2.0:
I’m still working on the other volumes and hope to release them soon.
Today I’m releasing version 2.0 of Words of the Prophets: Selected Sermons from the Book of Mormon and the plates edition of the Book of Mormon, both now using the licensed text. (And the plates edition is also available in Kindle format for the first time.)
I’m also releasing the Book of Mormon study edition in 14 new languages: Afrikaans, Cebuano, Danish, Dutch, Hmong, Hungarian, Norwegian, Romanian, Russian, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Like the study edition, this versions now use the licensed text of the scriptures from the Church. They’re available in EPUB and Kindle for now, with PDF and print editions forthcoming.
I’m pleased to announce version 2.0 of my Book of Mormon study edition.
This version now uses the licensed text of the scriptures from the Church, which means I’m finally able to make editions in other languages. To start out, we’ve got French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and of course Spanish.
To make it easier to create versions of the study edition in other languages, I started over from scratch, using a set of Python scripts to pull the text from the files the Church sent me, then generate a LaTeX document that gets turned into the PDF. It’s a really nice workflow.
Over the next month or so I’ll be revising several of my other scriptures projects (reader’s edition, Words of the Prophets, etc.) to use the licensed text, with a similar Python-based workflow to make updates easier.
Also, if you’re interested in a study edition in a new language, let me know.