If you’re an employer and think we might be a good fit for each other, email me or find me on LinkedIn. My traditional resume has more details on my work history and education.
What I offer
- I’m a software engineer and a generalist, with thirteen years of experience doing a mix of frontend engineering, backend engineering, and UX design.
- Other skills include writing, editing, typesetting, ebook production, graphic design, and art.
- I have a master’s in computer science, with emphasis on HCI and graphics.
- I have experience designing and building web apps, web services, libraries, and command-line tools in Python/Django and Go. I also have varying levels of experience writing C++, Rust, and Node.
- I’ve built a couple iOS apps, a macOS app, and one Android app, but my skills here are fairly out of date and I’d need to brush up.
- I have a lot of experience using Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, though I’ve also used After Effects and Premiere), growing experience using Affinity Studio, and I’m comfortable using Figma and other design tools. I also have experience with Procreate and Blender.
- I care about good typography and have been known to geek out over OpenType features.
- I have leadership experience, both at work and elsewhere. I’ve hired, supervised, and mentored several junior and student engineers and designers.
- I’ve worked remotely and have also worked on agile teams.
- I have high standards for the work I produce but I’m also pragmatic and efficient.
- I’m good at listening. I value clear, effective, proactive communication. I care about my team and do what I can to help them. Kindness matters to me.
What I look for
- Frontend engineer role (or full stack weighted toward frontend)
- Permanently remote
- Family-friendly, with a healthy work-life balance
- Interesting work with good people